My parents’ first attempt to try bun-ker in Ridgewood wasn’t fruitful. The wait was around 45 minutes long and they didn’t have time to wait.
Better prepared to wait the second time, they took me with them. Our server/host/maitre d’ was REALLY nice and super apologetic about the wait. They don’t have a liquor license yet, so he suggested we walk over to the Western Beef around the corner to get some beer or wine. It’s in the warehouse section of Ridgewood, so there’s not much else around.
Our server was very helpful in helping us navigate the menu, and made some great suggestions. We enjoyed every bite. Here’s what we got:
- Crab spring rolls (below)
- Cha ca organic salmon over vermicelli (feature photo at the top of this post)
- Grilled lemongrass short ribs over vermicelli (below)
- Tom thit ram wild shrimp, bacon, ginger, basil and rice (below)
- Special pork belly bahn mi (below)