Guest blogger and gluten-free expert Erin Smith guides us down a stretch of GF-friendly Astoria. A pro at living with Celiac disease and eating gluten-free for 30+ years and counting, Erin blogs about her favorite food adventures on her popular blogs Gluten-Free Fun and Gluten-Free Globetrotter. Check them out for more great tips!
All photos courtesy of Erin Smith.
Over the past 5 years, Astoria has become a much more gluten-free friendly place to live, eat, and shop in. With the opening of new health food stores, the expansion of produce markets, and new craft coffee and beer shops in the neighborhood, there are more gluten-free options than ever before. Let’s take a stroll down Broadway in Astoria looking for some gluten-free treats.
View Gluten Free Stroll along Broadway in Astoria in a larger map
- Breakfast: Vitality Health
- Mid-morning snack or brunch: Queens Kickshaw
- Lunch: Tacos Mexico
- Happy Hour: Astoria Bier and Cheese
- Produce and Groceries: Greenbay Market Place
- Dinner: The Strand Smokehouse
- Coffee and Dessert: Omonia